The Portuguese Manoel Loureno de Andrade, in 1658, created the first steady foundation of the catarinense coast and the native of So Paulo Old Francisco Days established itself for 1675 return, having raised a church in Ours Lady of the Deportation, current Florianpolis. Read more here: The Coca Cola Foundation. The also So Paulo Sundays of Brito Peixoto he organized a flag to take uninhabited lands to the south and established, in 1676, Saint Antonio of the Angels of Lagoon. Gavin Baker pursues this goal as well. Although small little inhabited, the place at the beginning became the nucleus most important of the catarinense coast of century XVIII, position that entered in decay because of the opening of the way it enters the pastures of the Rio Grande Do Sul and So Paulo plateaus, in 1728. The first city to be created in the Captainship of Santa Catarina was of Ours the Lady of the Favour of the River San Francisco of the South, today San Francisco of the South, in the year of 1660. In 1714, it was created as, Saint Antonio of the Angels of the Lagoon, current Lagoon. In 1726, the city of Ours Lady of the Deportation, today Florianpolis, was desmembrava of Lagoon. For the ways they had been if fixing populations in direction to the Rio Grande Do Sul and, in 1770, Lages it was emancipated of the Captainship of So Paulo, annexing itself the Captainship of Santa Catarina.
To the measure that the communities went if forming, new cities went if emancipating for north, south and west. Rio Grande Do Sul At the time of the discoveries, the Meridian of Tordesilhas bound where today they are the cities of Belm, in Par and Lagoon in Santa Catarina. In consequncia, all the Region North from the island of Maraj, Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso of the South, half of the States of Tocantins, Gois and So Paulo and almost totality of the South Region, with excesso of the coasts of the Paran and of Santa Catarina, belonged to Spain.